- The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces
- Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars
- Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London
- City Track and Suzuka - then race them in reverse and with alternative routes
- All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling
- All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience
- Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online
- Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online
- My Garage - a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records
- Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more
- All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)
In the late 1980's, the stars of the Tokyo Motor Show were without doubt, the sports cars. However, the sports car category was not forever glorious as it approached the 21st century. Up against the head winds of subjects such as energy crisis or emission control, the sports cars faced a period of lying low, awaiting their time to come around.
Their time is now.
October 26th, 2007. The opening day of the 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007, will introduce to the world a colorful range of sports cars, which over-ride the head winds with their striking innovations. The new GT-R, successors of the NSX and the Supra, the Lancer Evolution X, the Impreza Sti version, the Lexus LF-A and so on. Big names across the Japanese sports car genre, new and better, as if this were a revival of the 1989 show. Together with these revolutionary sports cars, "Gran Turismo" will take another big step forward starting with the introduction of "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue". Those who have the opportunity to play this title are sure to be taken by surprise with the overwhelming advancements to "Gran Turismo" made possible by the "PLAYSTATION 3" and its network features.
10 years from its debut in 1997, "Gran Turismo" will paint the history of car life simulation another color.